LeBlog--The Blog about life…writing, raising kids, chasing dogs, handling life and all its bit parts.

May 12, 2010

 

Robin Lee Hatcher and her dog, Poppet!





Hi, y'all! Sorry I haven't blogged in a couple of days. I was out of town and fell behind, then fell sick. But I'm better now and so excited to have Robin Lee Hatcher here with us today! And also, her adorable dog, Poppet! Please help me welcome them!

Le: Hi, Robin! Thanks so much for being here today! What is your favorite kind of a pet? Dog, cat, guinea pig? And why?

RLH: I have owned lots of different kinds of pets (dogs, cats, guinea pigs, hamsters, parakeet). I like most animals, although I prefer to keep a distance from snakes and mice. But if forced to choose just one favorite kind of pet, I guess I would have to go with dogs because they truly want their humans’ company. As much as I like cats, they are often perfectly content to never see their humans, as long as they have food and water.

Le: That is so true. How many pets do you have today?

RLH: Just one.

Le: Have you ever rescued an animal?

RLH: Yes, a number of my pets over the years have come from the local shelter.

Le: Do you ever incorporate animals into your novels?

RLH: Frequently. Dogs, cats, and horses mostly. And one of my dogs was included on the cover of one of my books , and that really endeared that cover to me.

Le: I bet! How wonderful! What was your favorite character animal?

RLH: LOL! I’m laughing because in my second book, the reader is put into the POV of a wild stallion. Had to love that, especially now that I see it as a “slight” POV problem. I suppose that my favorite animal character would have to be the Irish wolfhound “puppy” named Joker in my historical, When Love Blooms.

Le: I think we’ve all got things like that in our earlier novels. ☺ Has one of your own pets been the inspiration for a pet/character in a novel?

RLH: Yes, my border collie Misty was the inspiration for the dog in Dear Lady.

Le: What is the funniest thing you’ve seen one of your animals do?

RLH: Sometimes Poppet will get all wound up with excitement and will race around the house, hopping onto the sofa and then down the hall and then looping back to do it all over again. In my previous home, she could run a full circle going from room to room (living room, hall, kitchen, dining room, living room). She runs as fast and low to the ground as a rabbit or a fox. She’ll run like crazy until she’s exhausted and lays down.

Le: Ah, that’s so cute! Is there a secret that only Poppet knows?

RLH: Maybe she’s the only one who knows if I snore since she sleeps with me?

Le: I love her name by the way. What is Poppet’s pet peeve about you?

RLH: That I don’t just drop everything to play with her when she wants to.

Le: What is your pet peeve about your Poppet?

RLH: She loves to bark at any activity going on outside (people walking or talking, car doors closing, UPS or FedEx trucks, the mailman, other animals). And her bark has a very high pitch to it, so it hurts the ears.

Le: I can understand that! I have three that bark at everything. Even butterflies. Thank you so much for taking the time to be with us! Now, I’d love to ask Poppet a few questions. Don’t forget to give your sweet pet a treat afterwards. ☺

Le: Hi, Poppet! You are so cute! Come here and let’s talk. What would be the title of your autobiography?

P: SHE’S SO CUTE! Because that’s what everyone said when they met me as a puppy and lots of humans still say when they see me today.

Le: It is very fitting indeed! If you were to write a novel, would Robin inspire one of the characters?

P: Sure. My human is my best friend.

Le: That’s so sweet! What’s your favorite movie?

P: My Dog Skip.

Le: Oh, that’s a good one! What musical instrument would you like to play?

P: Drums. They’d go nice with my barking.

Le: Ah-ha! You like to make some noise, don’t you? What do you think about cats? Dogs?

P: Cats should not be allowed to tease and torture me from the other side of my fenced yard. If I could get to them, I’d teach them that.

Dogs are usually okay, as long as they understand I’m the alpha female in the neighborhood and should be obeyed at all times.

Le: Of course! Where do you sleep at night?

P: In my human’s bed, against her hip while she’s reading, then I move over to my own space when it’s time to sleep.

Le: What do you do when Robin is writing?

P: Usually I lay on the floor nearby.

Le: What is your idea of bliss?

P: Chasing the Frisbee or tennis ball in the backyard.

Le: What is Robin’s idea of bliss?

P: Being with her kids and grandkids and other family members.

Le: I’m sure being with you brings her bliss too. You’re a cutie! Thanks for being with us today! You take care of Robin now, ya hear?

Labels: , , ,




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   May 2012   July 2012   August 2012   September 2012   October 2012   November 2012   December 2012   February 2013   March 2013   May 2013   June 2013   July 2013   August 2013   February 2014   March 2014   April 2014   May 2014   June 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]